Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

Question # : 66217


I have a sister-in-law (unmarried) she does not have any brother nor any maternal uncle. She has uncle but cousin brothers are there. My mother-in-law has Hajj fardh and she want to go with me. She can go like she is my mother. But sister-in-law we do not have a mahram where she can stay and I am not mahram as well. What should we do in this situation?

Answer : 66217

Published on: Jun 11, 2016

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 833/833/M=09/1437)

Your mother-in-law can go with you for hajj. And if your sister-in-law has reached the age of marriage then find her a suitable proposal and marry her immediately so that she could go to her husband’s home. And if it is not possible then leave her to some relatives where she could stay with chastity and could live in purdah from non-mahram males.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question