Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

Question # : 28913


an allopathy doctor advised me to take heart surgery*bypass* according to islam can i take that surgical treatment or should go to an unani doctor? Kindly tell me quickly as i am in an emergency medical ward...

Answer : 28913

Published on: Jan 13, 2011

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 117/87/D=1432)

Shariah does not forbid to undergo such type of treatment. It allows adopting any lawful treatment according to one’s ease. Yes, you should seek the advice of the expert doctors regarding the usefulness of the treatment for you and see whether your financial condition allows such types costly treatment or not? You should also seek the advice of your family members and your well-wishers regarding the same.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question