Social Matters >> Talaq (Divorce)

Question # : 844


My question is, please tell me, my friends gave divorce to his first wife 15 years ago, she went to home with all gold (Jewlellry & all items ) without permission, only her furniture & one machine left here, can he return this to her? Any way, her address is not available now.

Answer : 844

Published on: Jun 28, 2007

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 307/L)


Yes, he should return her furniture and machine to her. If she is not available, then he should hand over these articles to her nearest people (like father, grandfather, brother etc.):

فان کل احد یعلم ان الجھاز ملک المراٴة وانہ اذا طلقھا تاخذہ کلہ (شامي، 5/299، باب النفقة، ط زکریا دیوبند)

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question