Prayers & Duties >> Taharah (Purity)

My question is that if one urinates while sleeping then 1. is ghusl fardh? 2. If yes, then should I bathe first and remove the impurity by soap and then make ghusl or remove it in ghusl. 3. How to use soap during ghusl? 4. Is it necessary to use soap in this case or I just have to use water only. 5. At what step (after wudhu or before wudhu) should I wash the impurity.

Published on: Jul 23, 2019

(Fatwa: 1247/1085/L=10/1440)

(1) Ghusl does not become fardh if one urinates while sleeping, rather it is just enough to wash the place and cloth where the impurity is smeared. However, if someone does complete ghusl then too the impurity will be removed and it is not necessary to use soap for the removal of impurity.

(3) There is no specific method for this. There is no harm in whatsoever way you use it.

(4) The use of water is enough for the removal of impurity. The use of soap is not necessary.

(5) It is better to remove the impurity first and then make wudhu.