Transactions & Dealings >> Penal Code

Question # : 9400


In a non-muslim country who can give the punishment of rajm? [stoning to death.] (2) is a private individual allowed to administer this punishment? (3) in a non-muslim country if a muslim wants to purify himself of his sin of zinah should he go to a country where the punishment of "rajm" is administered?

Answer : 9400

Published on: Dec 3, 2008

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1249/1249=M/1429)


(1) In non-Islamic countries, the penalty of rajm (stoning to death) is not implemented.

(2) No individual is allowed to administer the punishment.

(3) Such a person should only repent to Allah and seek His forgiveness.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question