Transactions & Dealings >> Penal Code

Question # : 728


Is there a maafi through astagfaar or any ways for a person who did zina or sodomy (sex with male) or both types of sex (male/female, not wife)?

Answer : 728

Published on: Jul 2, 2007

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 307=308/M)


Such a person should repent to Allah and ask for his forgiveness:

لقولہ علیہ السلام: التائب من الذنب کمن لا ذنب لہ

Since, there is no Islamic government in India; therefore it is impossible to introduce Islamic penal code. If possible, he should do some charity and should avoid having any relation with the person with whom he involved in sex.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question