Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

Question # : 55995


I want to perform Hajj on behalf of my late mother. I have already performed my fardh Hajj. I want to know if I perform Hajj-e-Badal on behalf of my late mother, will she get the sawab of a fardh Hajj or a nafl Hajj. In other words, will this be accepted as a fardh Hajj from her side in Allah's Bargah.

Answer : 55995

Published on: Oct 27, 2014

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1486/1486/M=01/1436)

If you want to perform Hajj on behalf of your mother with your sole consent whereas it is not fardh or your mother has not made a will for the same then also you may do it. It shall be a nafl Hajj and your mother shall get reward of a nafl Hajj.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question