Faiths & Beliefs >> False Sects

Question # : 36155


My elder brother was working in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) for 12 years and when he returned back, he told us that he is no more a Deobandi and he calls himself a Salafi and even he is trying to change our belief also. One of my younger brothers is also getting attracted from his view. I am afraid if someone else will also become Salafi in my family. I asked my father to throw him from our house but my father denied doing so. He often used to say, "My duty is to teach the true religion to all of you, it is your duty that you want to die as true Muslim or not ". Please give me advice at the earliest on this matter that what should I do.

Answer : 36155

Published on: Jan 1, 2012

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 124/68/L=1433)

The fitnah of Salfiyat and Ghair Muqalladiyat came in light some centuries ago. This group tries to mislead people saying himself Ahl Hadith. A number of books have been written in their refutation i.e. Mutala Ghair Muqalladiyat, Adillah Kamilah, Ghair Muqallidin Imam Bukhari Ki Adalat Me etc. Get these books and study them, in-sha-Allah you shall learn about them completely.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question