Faiths & Beliefs >> The Holy Quran

United Kingdom

Is Quaran is created or uncreated speech of Allah.I've read about this in Wikipedia encyclopedia. Can you please explain the term as I am confused?

Published on: Jul 9, 2008

Fatwa: 915/818=B/1429)

The unanimous faith of Ahl-e-Sunnah wal-Jamah is that the holy Quran is eternal and uncreated:

فأهل السنه كلهم من أهم المذاهب الأربعه و غيرهم من الخلف والسلف متفقون علی أن القرآن غير مخلوق (شرح الفقه الأكبر)

However, calling the holy Quran as eternal and uncreated means that the Word of Allah Almighty is eternal which is an attribute of Allah and is associated with Him. So far as written and recited words of Quran are concerned, these are the created ones and they are not the attribute of Allah, but they indicate to the Words of Allah. A common person should avoid venturing such philosophical discussions, for sometimes a man may fall in suspicion and doubt. One must only believe in the fundamental beliefs mentioned in the Holy Quran and Hadith.