Prayers & Duties >> Taharah (Purity)

I a person suffering from urinary incontinence, can I pray congregational prayer with this state, but this incontinence will come only after going to bathroom. So, is it acceptable for me to join in congregational prayers. I also add here that the incontinuity is not present all the time in a waqt. I can pray later, but I don't want to leave congregational prayer. Please answer me clearly?

Published on: Sep 16, 2015

(Fatwa: 831/796/SN=11/1436)

You do not fall under the category of Shariah mazur. It is not lawful for you to offer salah while urine drop fall. You should fix a schedule for going to bathroom in other time expect of jamat time so that you do not experience this problem at the time of jamat and so that you could offer salah in the state of purity.

Note: Or you should visit the bathroom at least 5 minutes before the time of jamat so that the urine drop is stopped.