Transactions & Dealings >> Other Transactions

Question # : 29747

India house given for rent, when I increase the security money and decrease the rent of the house, is it halal or harm .
2My house give for using another person, only bring security,what is the rulling.

Answer : 29747

Published on: Feb 8, 2011

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 268/268/M=1432)

(1) By security money, if you mean the pagdi and advanced amount of the house. It is not right to increase it and decrease the house rent; it falls under riba (interest): كل قرض جر نفعاً فهو ربو
(2) You can give your house to others for the sake of safety whether without any charge or on rent. However, it is not lawful to have interest based dealing.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question