Transactions & Dealings >> Other Transactions

Question # : 20454


I am paying heavy deposit to the owner of a house refundable after three years without any interest agaist which he is giving me his property (house/shop) which I want to rent to third person. After 3 years or as per contract when owner return my deposit, I will release his property. In this case owner is getting deposit for said period which is interest free. I am getting passasion of property for which I am getting rent from third party. This is called "Sub Leasing". Kindly let me know what is Shariyah's ruling about Sub Lease.

Answer : 20454

Published on: Mar 21, 2010

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 476/394/B=1431)


If you are taking that shop or home on rent, in this case you cannot give it to others on rent. You are not authorized for it.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question