Faiths & Beliefs >> Hadith & Sunnah

Bangladesh

I want to know that is it sunnah to keep 7 things beside bed namely comb itching stick oil shurma mirror miswak & scissors? Please reply because i posted similar questions before but you didnt answer..

Published on: Jul 28, 2010

(Fatwa: 1431/1109/B=1431)

Hadhrat Anas (رضى الله عنه) narrates that water, miswak and comb used to be placed beside the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) when he went to sleep. Hadhrat Ayisha (رضى الله عنها) narrates that I used to arrange oil, comb, mirror, scissors, kohl-pot and miswak for the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) when he was in journey. While in another hadith, Hadhrat Ayisha (رضى الله عنها) narrated the following items: mirror, kohl-pot, comb, Scraping stick and miswak. It is mentioned in another hadith that the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) always carried these things in journey and at home. We could not get the details of other things near bed except water, miswak, comb and antimony container.